Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bridal Shower #2

My bridesmaids hosted a bridal shower for me on Saturday.

It was a 'fairytale' inspired shower, which was just awesome. We had it at my maid of honour's parents' backyard - they decorated the place with blue and everything to do with fairytale:

Rice Krispies "magic wands"


"Princess and the Pea" assorted sandwiches


"Bless and the Beanstalk" salad


....just to name a few details. It was a delicious sight.

We played a couple of games like "What Princess Are You?". Everyone wore a tiara with a name of a Princess or leading Disney female character. We had to go around and ask yes/no questions for clues. Of course, everyone just sat at their chairs and yelled across the table but it was just as fun.

The second game we played was "Guess How Old The Bride Is". There was a poster with 10 photos of me growing up and everyone had to guess what age I was in each picture. My mom got 2 out of 10.

The third group game we played was a "Wedding Trivia". Do you know that "bride" in old english means "cook"? Good luck Brent!

The last game we played was really just for me. It was "How Well Does Bless Know Brent"? While sitting on my throne, with my super princess hat and wand, I had to answer a list of trivial questions about Brent. Each question I get wrong, I had to chew a hubba bubba bubble gum (<-- massive gums!). Well, I have to say that I did great! I only had to chew 4 bubble gums. Mostly because I'm so sure that Brent made them up on the spot. Like favourite animal is a hawk? What's up with that?

After the games, I opened my presents which by the way were awesome! I thought I'd be getting a plethora of lingerie but the only one I got was from my mom... eek. Sorry mom, not having any babies anytime soon!

We had cake afterwards, Jenn made a princess cake which was absolutely delicious! It was the perfect way to end such a beautiful shower.



Me and Jenn


I'll post more pics as soon as I get them from my bridemaids.

Thanks to everyone who were able to attend the shower - it was really nice to see you there and to share this special time with me. And many thanks to Janet, Kim, Jenn, Courtnay and Jagreet for a fabulous shower!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home